Thursday, January 27, 2011

An Airman's Wife

I found this poem online one evening when I was just being bored and I instantly fell in love with it. Especially with F being TDY, this poem really came at the perfect time. I just had to share it with you ladies!


“An Airman’s Wife”

I’m married to my hero,
I live a life some can not bare.
His job is not done safely on the ground,
But high up in the air.

I spend many nights alone,
Awake for hours at a time.
Longing for that man I love,
The one who‘s again left me behind.

I share him with this country,
To which he swore he’d be true.
And though I admire his integrity,
Sometimes I don’t want to see it through.

He’s promised to protect them,
Those who weren’t born free.
And when I explain it to our son,
“Sometimes that’s without you and me…”

And I know how much he’s missing him,
Because we feel the same…
We miss our hero, and our daddy…
We hate this silly game.

Our days are never promised,
And it seems so unfair…
But this is the life we’ve chosen,
To leave it now, we wouldn’t dare.

The day’s always drag,
Time never seems to fly!
But people enjoy their freedom,
Because our daddy protects the skies!

We fly the stars and stripes,
And our yellow ribbon’s too!
We’re proud of where we come from!
We love, the Red, White, and Blue!

We’ll support what he stands for…
Liberty, Freedom, and Life
Because I’ve taken a vow that I’ll never let down,
To be my Airman’s wife…

No comments:

Post a Comment